This is a unique opportunity for a motivated investment research professional to join Jensen Investment Management’s research team. The analyst will primarily conduct research in support of the Jensen Quality Growth Strategy, but may support other products as well. The Jensen Quality Growth Strategy holds investments in 25-30 companies with market capitalizations greater than $1 billion and a return on equity of 15% or greater in each of the last 10 years, as determined by the Investment Team. Investments are selected primarily based on bottom-up research. We are long-term investors, and holdings will generally remain in the Strategy as long as business fundamentals remain intact and shares trade at a discount to our full-value estimate.
- Conduct independent, fundamental research on mid- to large-cap public companies.
- Develop and maintain discounted cash flow (DCF) models on portfolio and bench companies.
Job Duties and Requirements
- Support portfolio management teams by conducting and producing thorough research reports on mid- to large-cap publicly traded companies domiciled inside and outside the United States. Research reports include analysis of industries; geographies; economics; regulatory and government filings; key products; suppliers; customers; competitive advantages; risks; corporate management; financial statements; financial ratios; and environmental, social, and governance issues.
- Provide follow-up information as requested by the portfolio management team; work closely with experienced business analysts; create, analyze, and defend investment theses; and contact company management teams as part of the research process.
- Ongoing monitoring of research coverage list including news updates, earnings reports, company/industry conference calls, and other data sources.
- Develop and maintain DCF models on portfolio and bench companies.
- Present company research to the Investment Team on a timely basis.
- Travel to meet with company management if desired or necessary.
- Create written content for external distribution including portfolio updates, performance commentaries, and thought leadership pieces.
- Contribute to ad hoc projects related to company analysis and portfolio management.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or engineering with a strong record of academic achievement.
- CFA and/or MBA preferred.
- 5-10 years of equity research experience.
- Proficiency with financial statement analysis and financial forecasting.
- Strong quantitative, statistical, and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong writing and verbal skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to self-motivate are essential.
- Must work well in a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with Refinitiv Eikon a plus.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Positive attitude and a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn and grow.
- Strong work ethic and ability to execute tasks in a timely and proficient manner.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Proficiency in English required, experience in other languages and cultures favorable.
Compensation & Benefits
Jensen Investment Management offers competitive compensation and a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage paid at 100% for employees and 75% for dependents; parental leave; paid time off; profit sharing plan; discretionary cash bonus; gym membership; and other benefits.
Jensen Investment Management is boutique, investment management firm headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon. Founded in 1988, the firm has more than $13 billion of assets under management. Jensen manages three investment strategies for individuals and institutions: the Jensen Quality Growth Strategy, the Jensen Quality Value Strategy, and the Jensen Global Quality Growth Strategy. The firm and the investment portfolios are managed using a team approach. Portfolios are high-conviction and construction is driven by in-depth, proprietary company research.
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in the position, please email your resume and a cover letter that specifically outlines your qualifications, how you cultivated an interest in investing, and why you want to work at Jensen Investment Management. Send your application to [email protected] with the subject field “Business Analyst.” All submissions will be treated in confidence.